Thursday, November 19, 2009

CUTE HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA

This holiday season, I am trying to come up with some handmade gifts to take the pressure off my budget. Feel free to use the idea.
I saw an idea on someone's blog about using unfinished stone or ceramic tiles that you get from home improvement stores to make coasters using extra photos.
Here is what I came up with, and instructions down below:
This is the tile I bought at Lowe's. It cost me 38 cents each.
Here's what else you need: matte finish Mod Podge (found in the craft area of Wal-Mart), a picture cut to a square and a can of clear acrylic sealer spray (also found at Wal-Mart).
First, I brushed on a cote of Modge Podge. Then I laid down the picture and a cute die cut word that I cut on my Cricut. Then I covered the picture and the die cut with another coat or two of Mod Podge. Then I let it dry and followed with two coats of acrylic spray.


Not only are these a great, easy and cheap gift, but any kid over the age of 6 can make these -- with some help from an adult with the acrylic spray. Have fun! And don't forget to put cork or felt pads on the bottom so the tile doesn't scratch tables or glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!