Tuesday, February 9, 2010

RECYCLE TRICK WITH LOVE STRUCK

If you have taken one of my classes recently, you know that the limited-edition Valentine's cartridge Love Struck is one of my absolutely favorite cartridges right now. Well, my daughter liked it too, and wanted her school Valentine's made with the zebra-stripe heart below:


It is an adorable die cut and looks great over a white or black background. But it leaves a huge amount of paper debris behind. While at a crop over the weekend, one of my tablemates had the idea of using transfer tape (normally used with vinyl) to take the left-over paper and transfer it to a card or another piece of paper.

Above is what is left over after you remove the heart outline.

Put the transfer paper over the leftover heart-shaped pieces and rub, rub, rub.


Then pull it off the mat and turn it over. Put glue on all the little pieces.

Then put the glue side on a card or other piece of paper and rub until the pieces are stuck to the paper. Then gently pull the transfer paper away.

4 comments:

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!