Wednesday, March 17, 2010

FULL CROP & PRIZES!

This past Saturday was my monthly crop at the Papillion Hy-Vee. We had a full crew this time -- there were 14 croppers in the room at the same time during one point in the afternoon. That was the most people I'd ever had there at one time, and is probably the most that the room can hold comfortably so that everyone has 4 to 6 feet of space.
I want to thank all the ladies who came throughout the day. We even had a few newcomers. The word is still spreading and I am going to start looking into doing crops twice a month.
My croppers may not realize this -- I host this crop for Hy-Vee but I don't get paid for it. And I buy the prizes with my own money. I love helping people get their scrapbooks done, so I am happy to do it.
But that brings me to my next note...
While I was cropping Saturday, a former student of mine -- a wonderful lady named Roberta -- came in and dropped off some amazing items to use as prizes during the crops. You won't believe it, but she donated a Cricut Jukebox and a Design Studio software as well as some paper and some tags. Both items retail at Cricut.com for $65. That was so generous of you, Roberta.
After some thought and discussion with friends, I think I am going to raffle off the big prizes over the next few months so I can use the proceeds to buy smaller prizes for many crops to come. So, my plan is to sell $2 raffle tickets from now until April 30 and then announce the winners at my May crop. There will be two winners -- the first winner can pick either item and the other gets the leftovers. I will use the proceeds to buy prizes for future crops.
Please email me at iteachscrap@cox.net if you want to buy a raffle ticket. I also will have them available at the next Hy-Vee crop in April. The date is still TBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!