Thursday, January 6, 2011

ONE DAY TO MAKE 3 CARDS

I love to scrapbook almost as much as I love to breathe, but making cards has never appealed to me. I've always decided it was easier to spend the $2 or $3 to buy a card and save myself the time, and mostly aggravation, of handmaking a card. And most of the time, I figured the person would throw the card away anyway.
Well, a few weeks ago, I needed a birthday card for a friend and a sympathy card for my sister-in-law and I didn't feel like going to the store. So, I headed to my craft room (or crap room, as my husband calls it) and decided to whip a few cards together in a few hours and call it good.
Yea, right! More than 8 hours later, I finally finished two of the cards. But wow, they looked awesome and I really enjoyed how the detailed work made me feel accomplished and relaxed.

Above: Birthday card for my friend using the Rock Princess cartridge.
Below: Inside of the birthday card. I used the Cricut inks to write the sentiment, then cut the sentiment into a rectangle and glued it into the inside of the card.

Above: I cut this envelope from the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge. Then I used the Gypsy with the free Black Letter download to write her name with the mini-gel pen.

Above: I put this card together using the card base from Stretch Your Imagination, the butterfly from either the Home Decor or Home Accents, and the sentiment drown with the Cricut inks from Lyrical Letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!