Wednesday, February 16, 2011

HOW I MADE VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL

We just finished another Valentine's Day, and this year I decided that I would go the extra mile to make sure my family felt special on Feb. 14. But I didn't want to do it with candy, chocolate and spending lots of money. 
I started by making the kids their own special cards using my Cricut machine. If I already have the paper, cartridges and the machine to do my own cards, why buy expensive cards they won't even look at twice? I made them to suit each child's personality. And you can't buy the extra love that went into these cards.


I used the Simply charmed cartridge for the hearts and the bug. Then, I used my Gypsy to weld Mackenzie's name and cut Bob out of Plantin Schoolbook. 


The inside of my daughter's card. I got these puffy conversation heart stickers from Michaels on clearance for 1.99!


I also found these adorable sock monkeys at Wal-Mart for $3 each. I used these cute new friends to wake each kid up on Valentine's Day. My daughter grabbed it and tried to go back to sleep. 


 Bob, Mackenzie and their new sock monkey friends! 

At the end of the day, I was blessed with a warm, fuzzy feeling and a very happy, content family. It was proof to me that you don't have to something extravagant to make your loved ones feel special -- but you should do something! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!