Saturday, March 26, 2011

NEW CRICUT CLUB AND GYPSY CLUB MEETING MONTHLY AT MICHAELS

Have you ever had an idea for a long time but it took awhile to make it happen?
I have always wanted to start a club for Cricut users where we can meet, I teach a small project and we can share our ideas, thoughts, etc. So, I have started a Cricut Club and Gypsy Club at the Bellevue Michaels store. The first Cricut Club meeting is Friday, April 15 and the first Gypsy Club meeting is Thursday, April 21, both from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Each meeting will have a new topic and a small project that I will design for you. 
For Cricut Club this month, we will explore using the Cricut for projects beyond scrapbooking by making an Easter or Spring seasonal 12x12 page suitable for hanging in your home -- with or without pictures. Bring your machine, a mat and cartridges of your choice. 
In Gypsy Club, I will teach you how to create and cut your own custom word books. 
The cost is $5 to attend, which goes to the store, and up to $3 in supplies to buy -- most of which will be paper. I don't want to make money off it, I just want to be able to help people keep learning more about their Cricut machines and cartridges. 
I have lots of students who take my basics class and seem like they are ready to take off and do their own projects, but they leave and either forget what they learned or just aren't motivated to keep learning. 
There will be a sign up sheet at the front desk of Michaels or you can email me. 
Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome idea...I wish we had someone around here and a michaels, where i could go to:(
    mexicopetshop@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!