Friday, April 15, 2011

BECOMING A FULL-SERVICE INSTRUCTOR

When I first started teaching at Michaels more than four years ago, I taught all scrapbooking classes -- not just Cricut. Now an opportunity has presented itself so I can teach regular scrapbooking classes again, in addition to my Cricut classes.
I am in the process of becoming an SDU instructor at Michaels. SDU stands for Scrapbook Design & You, and this is the program currently being taught in most, if not all, Michaels stores and some other stores as well. It is a four-week program that starts new each month. It teaches the why, as well as the how, of scrapbooking. It gives each student a foundation to develop their own scrapbooking style.
I started the training sessions yesterday. I hope to have it all done and start offering scrapbooking classes at the Bellevue Michaels store in May. So, if you are in Omaha and want to learn the basics of scrapbooking, then I am your girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!