Wednesday, May 11, 2011

LATEST PROJECT

Here is a sneak peak of my latest project -- paper dolls cut on my Cricut machine to represent the graduating 8th graders at my children's school. I did one for each of them, showing what they think they want to be when they grow up. I did a chef, doctor, nurse, family counselor, baseball player, basketball player, daycare provider, CSI investigator, video game designer and a hairdresser.
The 8th grade banquet is on Saturday, so it is 12:42 a.m. on Thursday morning and I am still up working on them. I have three more to go, but my brain is fried and I am heading for bed as soon as I sign off.
I decided to do this because God has given me this creative talent and skill and I enjoy finding ways to bless other people with it.
Before you say, "dolls for all of the 8th graders, is she crazy?" you need to know that there are only 10 kids in our 8th grade. Now, when my daughter's class of 16 students graduates, I may have to rethink this idea!
All of them are so stinking cute, I just hope a bunch of 13-year-olds enjoys them as much as I am sure their parents will.
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!