Thursday, May 5, 2011

THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE CRICUT FAMILY

One of my favorite students emailed me this morning telling me she got ordered a NEW version of the Cricut machine. She was so excited because it has so many new convenience features. I am totally jealous!
It is called the Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition and it is pictured here. It was debuted on HSN last month and is now available on Cricut.com for $349. It comes pre-loaded with 4 cartridges.
Here are some of the details:

1. It can cut from both Cricut cartridges and the Imagine cartridges, but it doesn't print anything like the Imagine machine.
2. It has a full-color LCD touch screen. There is no more need for those rubber overlays and there are no more dials for pressure, speed and size settings. It is all done on the screen!
3. Like the Gypsy, you can now see a preview of the mat on the screen so you can design everything on the mat before you cut.
4. No more guessing on what pressure and blade settings to use -- this machine has built-in paper settings like your computer printer
5. There is a light next to the blade so you can see where you are cutting.
6. The machine comes with four pre-loaded cartridges, and eventually you will be able to buy and download electronic cartridges from the cricut website directly to your machine.

So, do I want an Expression 2? Yes. Yes, I do. My beloved Expression machine is more than 2 years old and has been very well used. So, I am saving my pennies while at the same time praying that my Expression machine hangs on for a little while longer.
If you bought an Expression 2, let me know when it arrives so I can come play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!