Sunday, May 15, 2011

SIMPLY SUNDAY CHALLENGE

I am very fond of a certain blog called Getting Cricky with K Andrew, and she posts a challenge every other Sunday. The prize for today's challenge is the Cricut Father's Day cartridge, which I have been drooling over for awhile.


So, I decided to try her challenge for today which was any project with a father or retro theme. When I was cruising my cartridges for this challenge, I stumbled on my Wall Decor and More. It has lots of phrases and several of them struck me as very fitting for my dad. 
Here is my entry for her challenge:


Since hopefully my dad will read this, here is why I choose those words:

INSPIRE -- Even though my parents split when I was very young and my mom and I move far away, my dad was still a huge force in my life. He INSPIRED me with every phone call and visit, and his influence took on a much bigger role in my life when I went off to college. He also INSPIRES me with his zest for life. Even at 61, he is more active and energetic than some 40 year olds I know. He works full-time, runs a business and travels constantly.

HAVE FAITH -- His faith in the Lord, although it came late in life, makes me proud each and every day. I know that I can always go to him with my prayer requests and he always has time for my strange religion questions.

TAKE FLIGHT -- Several years ago, my dad decided to finish up his pilots license. At first, I was terrified. The thought of my dad flying alone in a tiny little plane scared me to death. But his love for flying and determination to master his pursuit of the skies eventually won me over. I've flown with him, and even let my children fly with him. 

Well, I hope you enjoy this project. Honestly, it took me less than an hour to create and put together. I trully think it was divinely inspired. 

5 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. I love how you described your dad. What a positive influence he was.
    Great job
    Thanks for joining us on Simply Sunday at Getting Cricky
    Brenda Getting Cricky DTM
    http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your LO and even more so, the story you shared about how special your dad is to you!
    Good Luck,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout, what a great job. This post was so nice! Good Luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs,
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Valerie--thank you so much for your sweet words--you made my day!
    I love this layout and haven't seen anything made with this cart--I might have to try to find it!
    Thanks so much for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew of Getting Cricky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valerie, Your layout is wonderful, I love the books at the bottom and your Dad is obviously very special to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!