Friday, July 8, 2011

A FEW NOTES

Hello!
I hope everyone is having a fun, but safe, summer so far.
We had a great July 4th, including propably one of my favorite July 4th memories EVER! We went to local minor league baseball game that featured fireworks afterward. We got to go on the field and it seemed like the show was just for us! And for once, I put down the camera and just watched the show. I had both kids with me, there was a cool breeze and the fireworks were planned with some great American music. I may not have any photos or videos of it, but I will always remember it.
Anyway, I wanted to mention a few updates on my creations and classes:
  • Starting in August, I will be teaching private Cricut classes at a new Omaha-area location. The classes will be located at Scrappin' Studio, located at the Nebraska Crossing Outlet Mall in Gretna, Nebraska. There have been several scrapbook stores at the outlet mall, but this one is completely seperate from the previous stores. And it is a real store, with an amazing selection of paper, stickers and other scrapbooking supplies. It also has some scrapbook goodies you haven't seen in awhile. The store is open Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and the owner, Barb, also runs a huge Crop Room with crops on the weekends as well. My first classes will be Sat., Aug. 13. The schedule for classes is listed here on my blog to the right-hand side. Check out her website at http://scrappinstudio.com/default.aspx.
  • I am still teaching at the Michaels store in Bellevue, but I teach more than just Cricut classes. I also teach basic scrapbooking, a glitter technique class and now a fantastic class on using your scrapbook supply stash for events such as parties, including invitations, decorations and more. It is called Happy Birthday America at the store, but I am revamping it to feature all birthday parties. The cost is $25 for the class, but you can just bring a good selection of your paper and other embellishments from home and I will show you how to make rosettes, pinwheels and more. The next class is Wed., July 20 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!