Friday, July 1, 2011

JULY 4TH BANNER

I am so excited to show you my latest project. It is a July 4th banner that I made using paper folded into rosettes and glued onto triangles. 


This project is based on a class that I am now teaching at Michaels where students learn how to make elements for parties out of scrapbook supplies. We do a two-page layout, an invitation and the banner. 


I decided to take it over to my in-laws house, where we will be celebrating the holiday, and hung it in their entryway. 


I glittered the edges by rolling the rosette in glue, then rolling it in a mix of red, white and blue glitter.  It looks much cooler in person! 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Your banner. I love all things Americana just love the red/white/blue colors together :-) I haven't tried making the rossetes yet, they are very pretty! TFS! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!