Friday, July 22, 2011

MY FIRST GUEST DESIGNER POST

Frosted Designs

Ever since I started my blog, I've dreamed of the day when one of my projects would be featured on someone else's blog. Today is the day! 
I am today's guest designer on the Frosted Designs blog for its Fabulous Friday challenge. This week's challenge was using buttons. I have to be honest...this challenge was a challenge for me. I don't use many buttons in my scrapbooks, cards, etc., unless I am told to use buttons. In fact, for this challenge I had to go buy buttons at my local craft store. 
Then, I struggled to decide what to make. They didn't give many instructions beyond using buttons. I actually did several projects until I found the one I really liked. 
Here is the winner...


Adorable ice cream cone-shaped card.


Side view of the card. 
Close up of buttons and title.
The back of the card with my signature stamp. 

To make this card, I used my Cricut Gypsy and my Simply Charmed cartridge. I selected the ice cream cone image, made a copy and used the flip function to flip it sideways. Then, I welded the two cones together to make a shaped card. 
I also used the layers feature on the Gypsy to make the various details of the ice cream cone and make sure they fit the base properly. 
Here is a video tutorial on how I made this card:




Now I said earlier that I did several button projects before I found my favorite one. First, I did a Fourth of July artwork that I framed and hung in my hallway. It was fun to make, but it didn't seem to feature the buttons enough.


Fourth of July hallway artwork.
Then, I did a baby card using buttons. I liked it, but something seemed odd about it. Ironically, the next day my sister called to say she was pregnant with twins. 


Oh Baby! I found out that my sister was pregnant with twins the next day after I made this card.







2 comments:

  1. OMG Veronica ~ I saw you were guest posting today, but did not realize it was here!! I am a Frosted Design Designer!!! LOVE your card ~ it is good enough to eat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica... thanks for joining the team this week at Frosted Designs! Your card is absolutely adorable!! You were cracking me up with your stories of the various projects you did until you found the one you wanted to feature! Isn't it great when a challenge makes you try/use something you normally wouldn't pick?! A lot of times those are my favorite projects!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!