Saturday, July 30, 2011

OT: MY FAVORITE LIFESTYLE WEBSITES

I was working the crop night at Michaels last night, and the topic of favorite blogs and websites came up. One of my croppers is a stay-at-home mom with three kids so I shared one of my favorite mommy websites. 
Then, I got to thinking, even though this is blog about scrapbooking, why not share some of my other life as well? I won't do it too often, but I have lots of knowledge about lots of things that I want to share. And I am ready to let my readers get to know the whole me -- not just the crafty side.
So, if you see an OT in the post heading that means the topic is about something other than scrapbooking or paper crafting, OK?
I was a stay-at-home mom until my kids went to school and then I picked up a few part-time jobs. But money is still tight for us. So I try to be frugal with my spending. It is isn't easy; I find it takes a lot of time, research and inspiration. It doesn't come naturally for me. I'd rather just buy it at the store and be done with it. Anyway, I look to blogs and websites for the inspiration, ideas and reasoning to cut costs.
My favorite mommy blog is Econobusters at www.econobusters.com. The lady that runs it is amazing at saving money while still providing a rewarding, enjoyable and faith-filled life for her family. I love her daily posts as well as her Friday Freebies where she alerts people to free trials, free programs and other things she finds interesting. She is where I found out about a FREE summer camp being held at the Apple computer stores that teaches kids how to make movies. I signed my kids up, but they ended up going out of town instead. Still, a great deal that I only found out from the lady at Econobusters!
Here's two more that I rely on a lot!
1. The Hillbilly Housewife -- Lots of really good frugal cooking tips and recipes.
2. Favecrafts -- Great for crafty how-tos and tips.
3. We Are That Family -- Great ideas and inspiration.
4. The Household Planner -- My new favorite for printable forms and stuff.


If you know of a blog that helps you be a better mommy, crafter, etc., please leave it in a comment on here. We all need to look out for each other in these tough economic times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!