Thursday, August 11, 2011

PAPER BAG ALBUM

I am so excited to finally show off pictures of the project for my newest class at Michaels. The class shows you how to basically turn basic paper bags into a very cool scrapbook/photo album that you can easily decorate for any number of occasions.
I took the All Girl paper pad at Michaels and made my book into a book perfect for a teenage girl. But I have plans to make some for Halloween, teacher's gifts and Christmas presents.
Each book has three "pages" with three small pockets and six larger pockets. I put two double-sided cards in each larger pocket for pictures or journaling.
The class is $25, and all you need to bring are paper bags, paper and adhesive. And buy lots of bags -- trust me, once you make one you will be addicted!
You also can see (and admire) the completed sample in the classroom at the Michaels craft store in Bellevue, NE.
I also am taking orders for custom books, made with any theme you can imagine. The cost will be $15 for each book. Email me if you are interested. Eventually, I will be selling them in my Etsy shop.


Bag album from the front

First two "pages" with pocket in between


Second "page" with pull-out tags for more pictures or journaling
 

Last "page" with another set of two pull-out cards


A picture to show the full effect


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!