Monday, September 19, 2011

HALLOWEEN DECOR -- TAKING ORDERS




Happy Monday, everyone! 
I spent the weekend at a fantastic 3-day crop in Kearney, Nebraska, which is about 3 hours west of Omaha. I taught a bunch of Cricut classes, and met some amazing people. I hope they will keep in touch. 
When I teach at weekend crops like this, I typically don't bring my own scrapbooking stuff to work on. So, this weekend, I decided to work on making some Halloween decorations for my house. 
I love the Cricut cartridge called Happy Hauntings, but I haven't used it much. So I made a Frankenstein and Mrs. Frankenstein die cut and frames to put them in. The finished product is shown above. I plan to hang them next to the wall clock in my living room. 
The funny part is that I actually made Frank just after midnight on Saturday at the crop. I guess I drank too much pop that evening. But doing that little detail work is my creative release from the world.
The paper I used was a K&Company paper pad that I bought at Michaels and you also can find it at scrapbook.com. It has awesome prints and great texture. The black swirls on Frank's suit were already on the paper. I added purple distress Stickles to Frannie's dress. 
If you'd like a set of your own, I will take orders and ship them. The cost would be about $20, for the pair and including shipping. They are very, very detailed and took me about two hours just for Frank and his frame alone. But I love them and would love to make them again! 
The crop event I attended was put on by my friend, Patsy Davis, who owns and runs Scrapateers, a scrapbooking retreat business in Nebraska. This was her first visit to Kearney, as she normally hosts crops in Lincoln. 
She has another Lincoln crop coming up Sept. 30 thru Oct. 2, if you need a weekend away. I would normally be there, but I am taking the kids on a vacation to California. The link to her website is www.scrapateers.com.
Love ya, Patsy!

1 comment:

  1. Mr. and Mrs. Frankenstein turned out AMAZING! So happy to have met you this weekend, Veronica! Can't wait to see you in February so you can teach me how to use my Gypsy! :) Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!