Friday, October 28, 2011

I CHALLENGE YOU TO MAKE HOLIDAY CARDS

Image Detail

Guess what? We only have 56 days unti Christmas! Yes, I am daring to speak of Christmas before Halloween. But when you are a crafter, you have to think ahead, right?
If you are planning to make your own Christmas cards this year, you'd better get started!
I know everyone has mixed feelings about Christmas cards. Yes, they seem like a lot of work and money for something that many people will throw away. But honestly, I LOVE getting Christmas cards. I never get as many as I'd like to. I love seeing photos of my relatives, my friends and their families. I love hearing what happened to them this year, good and bad.
So, this holiday season, if you send holiday cards -- I challenge you make them.
And really, why not make your own cards? At the very least, all you need is some paper, pens and some stickers. You can make them fancier, of course, but they don't need to be. You could even sit down with your children, or grandchildren, give them pre-cut cards and let their imaginations run wild.
I used to make the photo card online, have them shipped to my house, then address them and send them out. That was until last year, when I did all of that and spent the money -- but never mailed them! They are still sitting in my desk.
If you are a crafter, then it is the process of making something with your hands that makes you tick.
This year, I think I am going to do something that I did a few years ago that was a big hit with my family. I made cards and inserted a piece of 8 1/2 by 11 inch basic copy paper where I had printed some of our year's best photos in a collage format. I got more comments on that simple piece of paper than I ever do on my photo cards.


Simple Shape Card


Circle Punch Card


Silver Flake Card
And feel free to send me one of your handmade cards. I will share the handmade cards that I get here on the blog.
My address is:
Veronica Rosman
6023 Orchard Ave.
Omaha, NE 68117

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!