Sunday, November 20, 2011

THANKFUL FOR MY LIFE

With Thanksgiving just a few days away, I am full of thankful feelings and thoughts and I wanted to share a little bit of my everyday life with my bloggie readers.
Me and My Ken
My husband, Ken, doesn't like to talked about online. But when you are so blessed to have a person like him in your life, you have to brag once in awhile. He is one of the nicest, kindest and coolest people I have ever met. We met through a mutual friend back in 1994 and have never been apart since. 
We grew up in very, very different families in places that are very, very far apart. I know in my heart that God's plan is the only reason we ever met. He works very hard at a demanding job and someday I hope he can find a job that makes him as happy as he makes me! 


Mackenzie and her artwork
My 11-year-old daughter, Mackenzie, is my first child. She is an interesting mix of my husband and I. She is ultra independent, like I was at her age actually. But she has her dad's sense of humor and introverted personality. She is amazingly artistic -- her photography and artwork amaze me on a daily basis. And she is started to develop a talent for writing -- just like her mama! But at the same time, she is naturally athletic and can throw a football better than many boys.
I am astonished, with the same two parents, that my children are SO different. 


Bob dressed
as his dancing idol
My 9-year-old son, Robert, or Bob for short, is the exact opposite of my daughter. He is extremely outgoing, wears his emotions on his sleeve and wants to be famous someday for dancing or acting. He is a natural comedian -- we have a long list of funny Bob quotes that we call "Bobisms" dating back to when he was a toddler. He also extremely compassionate and never understands why someone would choose to be mean to another person, especially him! 
He also is very in touch with his faith in God and has even expressed an interest in being a Priest. 


I know I don't blog about myself very often. I want this blog to be about my crafting, but I know it helps to enjoy someone's creations when you know more about them. 


By the way, my name is Veronica and I am a craft-a-holic! I live in the central United States and am a dedicated wife and mother. I work lots of part-time jobs -- scrapbook instructor, gift shop manager, freelance writer -- so I can help support my family but still be there to pick up my kids from school everyday. I was a newspaper reporter for 8 years, then stayed home to raise my children. I grew up all over the country, but have lived where I live now longer than anywhere else. 
Ok, enough about me. Tell me about yourself and what you are thankful for!

1 comment:

  1. Well you know all about me:) but I have to say I am thankful for you...you have a great way of looking at things that is very different from my point of view and sometimes I badly need that! So thanks for being you...<3 u Chloe

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!