Friday, December 9, 2011

LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS TO SCRAPBOOK SAD EVENTS

Most scrapbookers find it easy to document the happy events in life: the holidays, birthdays, graduations, etc. But what about the sadder side of life: divorce, illness, death?
I am looking for ideas to document the birth, short life and loss of my sister's twin daughters over the past month. If you have done something like this, or have seen ideas that might be useful, please leave a comment or email me at iteachscrap@cox.net.
I have done some research on the Internet, but I wanted to see what other suggestions are out there.
I want to respect the grief and sorrow that my family is going through now, but I also want the book to celebrate what a blessing these girls were, even for 1 short month and the show the beauty of life in general.
And if you have children, take a moment today to love them extra hard!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for you sister's loss and yours as well. I have had my own losses and I will email you my son's website address so you can view what I have done so far. By the way, if you don't already know yet this Sunday is National Children's Memorial Day and all over the world candles will be lit at 7:pm in their remembrance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for you loss first of all. I have seen lots of other scrappers document their sad times, but I have never been able to share most of mine. I hope you find some wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!