Wednesday, January 11, 2012

YOU CAN DO THAT WITH A SCALLOP PUNCH?

Have you ever seen something that someone made and wonder "how on earth did they do that"? 
I have always been that way with paper roses. I could never understand how someone could get a 2-dimensional piece of paper to look so much like a rose. Well, now I know how that is possible and I can even do it myself. 
Believe it or not, paper roses can be done with piece of paper that has been punched into a scallop like the one below.

By cutting the scallop into a spiral, and with some creative rolling, you can make an amazing paper rose. You can make it tightly rolled or squish it down and make it more open. 


I am teaching this technique in a new class coming this January and February at the Michaels store in Bellevue, Nebraska. The class is the Punched Card Tricks and I will show you how to use one scallop punch to make several different techniques. You also will get to experiment with several Tim Holtz distressing products and techniques. 


The class is $25 and the dates and times will be listed here, as well as in the store. 


Below are some pictures of the cards we will create in the class:



1 comment:

  1. I have been dyyyyyyyyying to figure out how everyone is doing those amazing flowers! I wish I could go to you class... if only it were in California. Your cards look great!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!