Monday, February 13, 2012

JUST ONE OF THE REASONS THAT I LOVE MY GYPSY!

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was spent about 2 1/2 hours away from home teaching at a scrapbooking retreat in Kearney, Nebraska. I taught classes Friday night and all day Saturday. Then came home Sunday. It was a great experience. I met even more awesome ladies than I did last time. 
Anyway, one of the classes that I taught was about the Gypsy. If you know me at all, you know that I love my Gypsy. But at the retreat, I met lots of ladies who still don't know about the Gypsy or aren't convinced they need one -- until they meet me, of course. 
So, I decided to show everyone how a Gypsy makes layering so much easier, and quicker I might add. 
This first photo is a picture of the Gypsy screen. When you design things, you place everything on a virtual mat. Where you place it on the virtual mat is where it cuts on the real mat. This photo is of the layers I needed to make a scarecrow girl for my Vala's pumpkin patch page. 


Photo No. 2 is a picture of the mat with the colors that I needed for the scarecrow placed in the same spots as the images on the virtual mat. 



Below is the mat after all the pieces are cut out, so you can see how it comes out and how it makes layering so easy. Note that I had already taken off the brown parts before I took the photo. 



Here is my completed scarecrow girl. I added Smooch paint for her cheeks and the ribbon on her hat. 


1 comment:

  1. Nice. I have a question about Cricut Craft room...I am trying to "weld" letters but as I do, the letters fade to light blue instead of black and then won't cut out. What am I doing wrong? Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!