Tuesday, October 23, 2012

EXCUSES TO SCRAP


Happy Tuesday! I know not many people greet you happily on a Tuesday, but I have to admit that Tuesday is one of my favorite days. That's because it is one of my days off! 
And this week, I decided to craft rather than clean house. Oh, I did some cleaning like laundry and wiping down the kitchen and bathroom counters. But I had a busy weekend and I needed some time to create.
I've been hanging out, and occasionally working, at my friend Barb's scrappin store in Gretna, Nebraska, called Scrappin Studio. She recently got some new Halloween collections in the store, so I took it upon myself to make some samples to inspire shoppers. 
I know how hard it can be sometimes to see stickers and paper, no matter how cute or cool, but not have any idea how to make them into a fantastic page. 
Here is one sample with what I call her orange swiss-cheese paper and no Cricut cuts whatsoever. That nearly unheard of for me! 

This layout (you can see the other page at the store) took me about 2 1/2 hours total.
This one is with Reminisce's Haunted paper line. It is an older collection, but Barb still has some. With this one, I cut the title and the spooky gate with my Cricut and the Happy Hauntings cartridge. 

This one took me about an hour at home. Lots of Cricut cuts here. 
I am so appreciative to Barb for letting me make these samples for her. I love to design pages, and coming up soon are some Christmas pages with her new Kaisercraft collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!