Friday, October 5, 2012

SUPER PROUD MAMA

Before the third donation
We all have our God-given gifts and talents. Some people can sing, some people can draw, some people can take care of the elderly. My daughter is fantastic artist, she's great with animals and kids -- but one of her most amazing gifts is her HAIR! She has super thick, straight, shiny hair in the most beautiful shade of strawberry blond. Anyway, about 3 1/2 years ago she decided to donate her super long hair to Locks of Love, a charity that provides wigs for people who have lost their hair to cancer and other illnesses. I don't remember how long it was.Then, in October 2010, she donated another 8 inches, split into 3 ponytails. This week, she donated 9 1/2 inches split into 4 ponytails. It took longer this time because she didn't want it to be too short when it was cut off. She considers herself a hair farm, and plans to grow her hair and donate it again. I am one super proud mama!

Kenzie and her crown of hair! 

Two ponytails for each hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!