Thursday, December 13, 2012

VERONICA'S NEW TOY

First of all, I am a HUGE Cricut fan and I always will be. When I need something specific and quick, I love that I can just plug in a cartridge (or use my Gypsy) and have a word or image without much trouble. I know what it should look like and what sizes that I can make it.
That being said -- I now have a Silhouette Cameo machine, thanks to my friend Barb Cook at the Scrappin Studio in Gretna, Nebraska. This machine is computer-based and can cut fonts from your computer, images from the Silhouette store and even images from the Internet (with some work).
It is taking me some time to get used to the Silhouette. The machine itself is pretty similar, but the computer program that goes with it is very technical and has so many features. I am no where ready to teach about it -- but I will be evenutally. If you thought the Cricut didn't have much instruction, the Silhouette probably has less. I've learned mostly by watching YouTube videos and reading forums.
For now, I am scheduling some times starting in January for scrappers to come and see the Silhouette in action. Plus, I can give you some unbiased comparisons between the Cricut and the Silhouette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!