Friday, January 25, 2013

DECORATING A SCHOOL PART 1

Happy Friday! 
Today I am going to share with you some photos and notes from a large-scale project that I am working on.
Basically, I am using vinyl, my Cricut, my new Silhouette Cameo and lots of patience to decorate my son's elementary school. 
My son, who is in the 4th grade, moved to this elementary school just 1 week before school started. Until last spring, both of my kids went to the same school -- a small K-8 Catholic school that we loved. But for various reasons, we decided to move the kids to public schools. My daughter went to the middle school and I found a smaller public elementary school where several of his friends already went. 
The elementary school had a new principal and she had some great ideas for putting her stamp on the building. Fortunately, they were some great ideas that I could make happen.
First, she wanted the school's pledge put on a blank wall near the coat room:





Then, we talked about putting the school's mascot, a Wildcat, on the walls in various places. But the only representation of the mascot was this:


So, I used my Silhouette Cameo machine, and its software, to trace and reproduce the above image into a one-color image that I cut in vinyl and put on the wall. See below:


And I am not done yet... come back in a few weeks to pictures of the lunchroom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!