Tuesday, September 3, 2013

ONESIZE BABY ALBUM

I just finished a huge project and I am so excited to finally share it with all of you. I've been waiting to post it until I got it shipped. Hopefully, my brother will get his gift in the mail today, and won't happen to stop by the blog before he opens it. 
So, there have been tons of babies born into my life this year. My brother and his wife welcomed their first child, my sister and her husband brought home a second child and a good friend had twins. Funny enough, they were all boys. In fact, of all the babies I know that were born this year -- only 1 out of about 12 was a girl. Things that make you go hmmm.....
Anyway, so I wanted to make them something they would could use -- and cherish. After seeing something similar on Pinterest, I decided to make a photo album shaped like a baby onesize. 
First the pictures....

I chose greens, blues and browns for the main colors.

I used several Cricut cartridges, including Baby Steps, New Arrival and CM Stork Delivery. 

I used titles on some pages and left some for general pictures. 

For pattern paper, I used Echo Park's Bundle of Joy papers. 

This baby embellishment is one of my faves! 
I added some special details on some pages, such as liquid glass on the whale.

This bowl, spoon and title took me days to complete. I just wasn't satisfied. 

All of the main page details, such as the titles and the monkey, are popped up on foam squares. 

I decided not to use a photo mat on the last page so they could add more than 1 photo. 
Needless to say, I am super proud of how it turned out. Now I need to start making one for my sister, my friend, and I am going to try selling them in my Etsy store to see if I can make some money -- mostly to replenish my scrappy supplies. 
You didn't know I had a Etsy store? Well, yes. But I haven't put anything up there for months. Check it out -- I Teach Scraps Etsy Store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!