Saturday, October 12, 2013

WAYS TO USE CHALKBOARD PAPER

Chalkboard paper is among the newest rages in scrapbooking and paper crafts. I love the look, but honestly, I don't know how I would use it in my everyday scrapbooking. But when my friend, the scrapbook store owner, asked me to design a display with the new Reminisce Chalkboard Christmas collection, I had to get a big creative. 


For the page above, I used my Cricut to cut a title and some snowflakes out of white vinyl and adhered it to the page. I liked how the vinyl looked as though it was printed on the page. The chalkboard paper seemed to move into the background, creating a dimensional effect. 


On the second page, I used vinyl cut on the Cricut as a stencil and traced the stencil with a chalk marker, such as the title and the trees at the bottom. It is  a bit busy for me, but I still liked the chalkboard paper and the chalk markers together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!