Wednesday, December 24, 2014

TAKING A BREAK FROM CHRISTMAS TO SAY THANKS!

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! 
I know most people are putting the finishing touches on their Christmas -- wrapping presents, baking goodies and visiting loved ones. 
Not me. Well, I do have some presents to wrap. But I am feverishly working on thank you cards for the many baby gifts I received for the birth of my daughter, Rachel, in November.
My husband has been pushing me like crazy to get these cards done. Of course, I couldn't just buy basic thank you cards and call it good. But I did cheat -- a little. 
I bought some cute basic blank note cards at Wal-Mart, pictured below. The pink color was a bit odd to match, so I stayed away from using any pink paper to embellish them. 


I also bought a pack of these wonderful Sticko stickers of pink baby hand and foot prints. 


Then I broke out my well-used but beloved square punch and some ivory-colored scrap paper to make squares and highlight the hand and foot prints.



Then I printed some sentiments that said Thanks For The Baby Gift. I actually used my Silhouette software to print these so I could make sure they would fit in the 2-inch squares.


And with some inking around the edges and some glue, here is the finished project:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!