Thursday, January 15, 2015

MAKING PAGE BACKGROUNDS WITH CRICUT IMAGES (Thanks Maddie!)

This past Sunday, I taught a Beginner Cricut class. I used to say that I could teach this class in my sleep, but I haven't taught this class in awhile and I will admit that I was a bit rusty.
Enter an 11-year-old named Maddie. She was taking the class with her mom, and was playing around with the Ornamental Iron 2 cartridge.
Now, this cartridge is not my style and I have never used it. I pretty much just wrote it off because I think of Cricut die cuts as titles or small accessories to a page. I never thought about using these images as frames or even -- gasp -- page backgrounds!
Well, Maddie changed my mind about how I look at Cricut images.
Here is a sampling of the Ornamental Iron 2 images:

 
Maddie decided to cut one of these images at 4 inches and creates this cute die cut:

So, if you cut one of the images with a space in the middle at 6 inches, you can get a picture frame. And if you cut it at 11 inches, you get a page background like the one that Maddie's mom, Jenny, did:
 
 
 
And it is even easier if you use the Fit to Page feature on the Cricut Expressions machines. All you do is press the button and the machine will calculate how big to make an image to fit in the paper size you give it, say 12x12.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the I Teach Scraps Blog!

Hello! I am excited to have my own blog site. This is way cool. I plan to use this site to promote my scrapbook instruction business, as well as pass on lots of scrapbooking tips and ideas to my family, friends and clients, both past and present. I'll also through a little of my personal life in for fun.Feel free to comment, ask questions, email me, ask me to post pictures of your projects, etc. Just let me know how I can help!